Drugs & Alcohol
- Alcohol – booze, bevy, tipple
- Amphetamine – speed, phet, Billy, Whizz
- Amyl Nitrate – Poppers
- Cannabis – bud, bush, draw, grass, resin, skunk
- Crack – rock, pebbles, stones
- Ecstasy – E, pills, little fella’s, XTC
- GHB – liquid X, liquid E, GBH
- Glues, Gases and Aerosols – solvents
- Heroin – brown, H, skag, horse, gear, smack
- Ketamine – special K, super K, vitamin K
- LSD – trips, acid, tabs, dots, microdots
- Mephedrone – bubble and meow
- Tobacco – cigs, fags, rollies
Mephedrone – bubble and meow
What is it?
Mephedrone is a stimulant drug which causes increased energy, restlessness, increased heart rate and jaw clenching
What does it look like?
A white or off-white powder, some Mephedrone has a noticeable and unpleasant smell
How is it taken?
Mephedrone can be snorted or swallowed. When snorted effects happen within 15 minutes and fade in about an hour, if swallowed it takes longer to kick in but can last for 2-3 hours
What are the risks?
Snorting hurts the nose, leading to nose bleeds and sores increasing the risk of catching Hepatitis or HIV if you share snorting gear. Swallowing hurts the stomach, plus there is an unpleasant taste.
Mephedrone can cause fits, irregular heart beating, shakes, dizziness and cramps. Also there are the comedowns and the general feeling of being unwell, plus anxiety, paranoia and depression.
Mephedrone is a class B drug, making it illegal to possess, sell or give away
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY UNEXPECTED NOSE BLEEDS, CHEST PAINS, NUMBNESS IN FINGERS AND TOES OR CHANGES IN YOUR SKIN COLOUR, GO TO A&E
Mephedrone is NOT a plant food
Snorting or swallowing plant food or fertilizer from a shop or garden centre will poison you
The hub is Blackpool's Young Persons Substance Misuse Service, offering information and advice to young people, under the age of 19 years, around substance misuse, including alcohol, tobacco and solvents.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01253476010